Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Normandy Exchange (Day 4) - Reflections on Paris and Bayeux


Yesterday morning, students arrived at school at 8 a.m. to shadow their "correspondants" (exchange partners) until lunch time.  SAINTS attended classes, ate lunch with their hosts and played basketball.  Here are just a few reflections on their weekend:

From Laetitia H: 

Paris is a beautiful city.  This was my first visit, and each step I took was breathtaking (literally and metaphorically, especially when flights were involved).  We visited many sights, including Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Sacré Coeur.

I may be the only one to say this, but one of my favorite parts of visiting Paris was taking the metro.  Not only did I get to sharpen my navigation skills, but I also got to experience the backbone and bloodstream of Paris, making the city, its people and its culture more real and tangible.

Sydney C:

Paris was absolutely beautiful, and I loved walking down the Champs-Elysées and seeing the Arc de Triomphe.  The Louvre was magnificent, and I loved it (even though we almost got stuck inside!).  On the bus to Bayeux, the chauffeur exited the city via the Champs, and it was so sad to the damage that the Gilets Jaunes had done the day before...

More to follow!

No comments: