Tuesday, March 14, 2017

SPAIN EXCHANGE 2017- The Anticipation!

Some American hosts and Spanish visitors will be reunited this week in part 2 of our Exchange.


SPAIN EXCHANGE 2017- The Anticipation!
by Jordan Taylor

My sophomore year, I decided to venture outside of my comfort zone and join a group of my peers for a service trip to Nicaragua. I had only traveled out of the United States once, and that was on a family trip to Costa Rica when I was nine that I can barely remember. Not only that, but we were to stay with host families, and I was nervous, not about staying with people I hadn’t met, but how I would adapt to a culture that I had no knowledge of. At about this time last year, I was getting ready to board a plane to Nicaragua, not knowing that it would be a place that I would soon fall in love with. Now, I’m getting ready to go to Spain, and I couldn’t be more excited. I can’t wait to experience everything: the culture, the food, the language, and the people. Not only that, but I get to see the exchange student I hosted in the fall, Marta, and the other Spaniards again and meet Marta’s family (and her dog, which I am very very excited for). I’ve always wanted to go to Europe, and it seems so crazy that I’ll be there in less than a week. I’ve been waiting in anticipation for this trip ever since I signed up, and now the time is finally here! It’s completely surreal. I only hope that I can speak Spanish somewhat okay and the bar isn’t set too high since Marta was basically fluent in English (I am fluent in Spanglish though, since that’s pretty much what we spoke in Nicaragua). In any case, I know that this is going to be an amazing trip, and one that I’ll never forget. Spain, here we come!

No comments: