Thursday, August 21, 2014

Presenting at the AATSP Conference in Panamá

Last summer, through the Joan Holden Fellowship, I had the great opportunity to present at a conference in Panama. This annual event, organized by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese, gathers educators from all corners of Latin America. Thus, it is a wonderful venue to interchange ideas, network and learn from others.

I presented on an innovative instructional model I am developing together with my husband, a fellow passionate educator. It is called F.A.C.E.S, which stands for the five crucial elements we believe have to exist in order to engage students in the classroom. These elements are: FUN, AFFIRMATION, CHALLENGE, EXPRESSION, and SUCCESS. By experiencing these, students can see themselves as the center of the learning process and therefore, experience success.

This presentation allowed me to share my thoughts and experience with others. My ideas were welcomed and I received very good feedback. Once again, I start a new academic year inspired and eager to learn with my students. I am forever grateful to the St. Stephen´s and St. Agnes community for their support and trust. As a proud Saint, I feel blessed to work with wonderful human beings who believe in true and life-long education.





No comments: